Visa | KAI Japanese Language School in Tokyo, Japan


You may study Japanese for a short term (maximum 6 months) with a short-stay visa. Requirements for obtaining a short-stay visa vary depending on your nationality. Please contact the Japanese embassy in your country for details.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan

If you wish to learn Japanese for a longer period of time (3 months to 2 years), you need to obtain a College Student Visa.

Working holiday visa

If you are from the countries listed below, you may apply for a working holiday visa. With a working holiday visa, you can study Japanese during your stay in Japan.

  • Australia
  • New Zealand
  • Canada
  • Korea
  • France
  • Germany
  • United Kingdom
  • Ireland
  • Denmark
  • Taiwan
  • Hong Kong (from January 2010)

Admission Procedures

Kai welcomes any enthusiastic student with proper visa status to enroll in our General Course Program. (Those who have spouse visa, working visa, working holiday visa, temporary visitor visa, research visa, missionary visaetc., are also eligible and encouraged to apply.)
College Visa is available for General Course students. Please check the details to click the link below.