Frequently asked questions
- What's the difference between Practical Conversation Course and General Course?
- About how much would the monthly living expense be?
- How can I solve problems while studying at KAI?
General Japanese course
- Will you tell me the nationalities of your students?
- At what times of the year can I start studying at the school?
- What is the deadline for submitting an application?
- Is it necessary for all the documents to be translated into Japanese?
- Is there anything that I should note when filling out the application form?
- What documentation is needed if I am still in University?
- What kind of certificate is applicable to show my Japanese ability?
- Is the section regarding previous visits to Japan in the personal record important?
- Who should I do if I do not have any documentation from my job stating my occupation and income?
- Is there a minimum income that a sponsor who lives in Japan must be earning in order to pledge support?
- What are the necessary conditions that my sponsor must fulfill if he/she is are resident alien?
- How long will it take until I can speak Japanese?
- I have never learned Japanese. Is it OK?
- What kind of things do the students study?
- Do the teachers use the languages the students can understand such as English in class?
- Do they give homework?
- Can we learn Japanese culture, too?
Practical Conversation course
- How can I take this course?
- Is it possible to continue taking Practical Conversation Courses?
- Do they learn Hiragana and Kanji in Practical Conversation Course?
- Is it possible to transfer from Practical Conversation Course to General Course?
- Is it possible to participate in class from the middle of the course?
- Is it possible to choose the time of the class?
- Is it possible to participate only for one or two weeks?
- What kind of activities can we attend?
- I understand that Summer B (August) is a 3-week-course. But could I study for 4 weeks?
- Until when should I apply for the summer activities?
- How can I get the early bird discount?
- How many students do you have in a class?
- Could I obtain the certificate after finishing the course?
- How do you decide the dates and times of the lessons?
- Can I make a request about the content of the lessons?
- How do you decide the educational material?
- Do the teachers speak and explain in English in class?
- Is it possible to appoint a specific teacher?
- Is the teacher the same all the time?
- Can I change the teacher?
- How can I pay the tuition fee?
- How can I cancel? Can I get a refund?
- From when can I apply for homestay?
- Can I make a special request?
- Are there host families which you can walk to school from?
- What's the transportation cost like?
- Can I use the Internet at my host family?
- Can my friends stay at my host family?
- I have a lot of questions about homestay.
- Is there any extra cost besides the monthly rent and utility charges?
- Is it possible to stay at a guesthouse for one or three weeks?
- Are there guesthouses which you can walk to school from?
- How early do they accept reservations?