Calculating Your Budget
How Much Does It Cost In Total
To Join Our Summer Intensive Course?
To study at KAI, you'll need budget not only for the course
and activity fees, but also for your living cost in Tokyo.
- So how much do I need to stay in Tokyo for 3 weeks?
- And what would the total cost be including the tuition?
Here are some estimations you can refer to in planning your budget.
Fee Break Down
Course Fee (Registration, Tuition, Texbooks, Tax)
|［ Grammar & Conversation ］||100,000 JPY|
|［ JLPT Preparation ］||108,000 JPY|
|［ Business Japanese Communication ］||157,500 JPY|
* Early registration is applied to registrations before May 31st, 2012.
- Please see [ Activity Programs ] for the detail of activities.
|Activity Packs||A. Have It All! Pack||34,000 JPY|
|B. Variety Pack||15,500 JPY|
|C. Sightseeing Pack||11,900 JPY|
|D. Culture Pack||15,800 JPY|
|E. Gourmet Pack||9,400 JPY|
|F. Manga/Anime Pack||20,000 JPY|
|Individual Activity Programs||0 JPY <|
Accommodation & Transportation
The price below is listed under the following conditions.
- Stay Period:
Sun. 29th, July - Sat. 18th, August
(School is Mon. 30th, July - Fri. 17th, August.)
- Accommodation Charge:
- Includes electricity and gas charges, and arrangement fee by KAI.
- At low probability, price is subject to change by each accommodation supplier. Feel free to inquire through our [ Contact Form ] if you wish to confirm the price.
- Transportation Fare:
Round trip fare between school and each accommodation for 15 school days (=3 weeks).
- Other Remarks
- Home Stay: Includes breakfast and dinner everyday during your stay.
- Guest House: Minimum stay during summer is 1 month (=1 month charge).
- Please refer to [ Accommodation ] to know more about accommodation types.
|Big Home Stay||<60min||103,500 JPY||<16,000 JPY||<119,500 JPY|
|Home Stay||<60min||150,000 JPY||<18,000 JPY||<168,000 JPY|
|60-90min||120,000 JPY||<30,000 JPY||<150,000 JPY|
|Guest House||20min||<140,000 JPY||3,900 JPY||<143,900 JPY|
|<169,000 JPY||8,700 JPY||<177,000 JPY|
|40min||104,000 JPY||8,700 JPY||112,700 JPY|
|Weekly Mansion||20min||98,000 JPY||3,900 JPY||101,900 JPY|
|Economy Hotel||15min||156,000 JPY||4,500 JPY||160,500 JPY|
|25min||159,600 JPY||0 JPY||159,600 JPY|
|110,000 JPY||4,500 JPY||114,500 JPY||Serviced Apartment||25min||196,000 JPY||0 JPY||196,000 JPY|
|Twin Room / Other|
|Serviced Apartment||25min||108,000 JPY||0 JPY||108,000 JPY|
|Hostel - Twin Room
(price per room）
|50min||185,900 JPY||10,500 JPY||196,400 JPY|
|Hostel - Dorm Type
(price per person)
|78,800 JPY||10,500 JPY||89,300 JPY|
Food expenses in Tokyo for 3 weeks should be around 42,000 JPY.
- Expenses breakdown
1,800 to 2,500 JPY/day x 21 school days = 37,800 to 52,500 JPY
- Breakfast: 500 - 700 JPY
- Lunch: 600 - 800 JPY
- Dinner: 700 - 1,000 JPY
|150 JPY||Milk Carton|
|170 - 250 JPY|
Big Mac Meal
|650 JPY||Noodle Soup|
|500 - 1,000 JPY|
|Box Lunch||300 - 700 JPY||Rice Ball||120 - 300 JPY|
Arriving at the airport and moving towards the central area -
Buying souveniers and hanging around in Tokyo with your classmates -
The budget you'll need for these events is mostly up to what/how you want to spend your free time in Tokyo, but we think that 30,000 JPY will be enough in most cases.
- Round trip fare from international airport to central Tokyo (Shinjuku area)
* It is only 10 minutes from Shinjuku Station to our school. (School Location Map)
and Shinjuku, Tokyo
(Narita Intl' Airport)
|90 - 110min||Train||3,000 - 6,000 JPY
|85 - 145min||Bus||6,000 JPY|
(Tokyo Intl' Airport)
|50 - 60min||Train||1,300 JPY (approx.)|
|35 - 60min||Bus||2,400 JPY|
- Sightseeing fees besides school activities. (Tickets and transportation fares)
- Souvenir Expenses
Now that you know what types of expenses to expect, let's sum them up!!
|Tuition||Grammar & Conversation Course||100,000 JPY|
|Activity||B. Variety Pack||15,500 JPY|
|Weekly Mansion (Single Room)||101,900 JPY|
|Food||2,000 JPY/day x 21days||42,000 JPY|
|Other||Round trip fare between airport and Tokyo, Sightseeing, Souvenirs, etc.||30,000 JPY|
- The example above is the most popular among KAI students attending the summer program. This is only an example, but we hope this would help you plan your study at KAI.
- If you have any questions or would like to talk to our staff,
please don't hesitate to [ email or call us ].