NBJ Business Japanese Program
Acquire Language Ability and Skills to Work in Japan
This is a program to learn business Japanese, which is suited for those who study in the advanced levels of the General Japanese course and/or who have JLPT N2 or equivalent skills. This program meets the educational standards and criteria set forth by the Nisshinkyo Business Japanese Language Program (Note 1).
The following subjects will be studied in level 7 and 8 homeroom and elective classes.
Student data (2017-2019)
Areas and countries
|Europe (10)||Italy (10)|
|North / Latin America (8)||USA (6)|
|Oceania (1)||Australia (1)|
|Asia (23)||Taiwan (12)|
|Hong Kong (2)|
- University (33)
- Graduate school (13)
- Vocational school (5)
Purpose of study
- To get a full-time job in Japan. (34)
- Interested in business Japanese. (19)
- To work using Japanese in the home country. (6)
- Already working in Japan. (3)
Wayne (The Netherlands)The main reason why I picked KAI is because of the cultural diversity of the students here. I was very impressed by how many... [ MORE ]
Lukas (Switzerland)In the program, there is a lesson on how to tackle BJT, and participants actually take the examination. This time was my first time... [ MORE ]
Subjects related to NBJ are as follows:
"Japanese for Job Hunting" (20 hours)
You will study how to speak at employment interviews, choice of words, manners, etc. in order to get hired at the company you are aiming to work for.
"Japanese for Work" (40 hours)
These lessons will teach how you should communicate with colleagues and bosses at work. Topics include how to respond to instructions given by your bosses, ask questions about things you don't understand, express your gratitude, make apologies, etc. You will learn the expressions for work which are different from daily conversation.
"CBL Community Based Learning" (20 hours)
You will learn how to work with a team and practical Japanese language necessary for it through collaboration projects with Japanese people outside KAI.
"BJT (Business Japanese Test) Preparation and Practice" (80 hours)
More than general Japanese, BJT measures Business Japanese skills necessary for working in Japan. The class is not just cramming for the exam, but teaches important expressions found in the test and offers the opportunity to practice communications in a business setting.
- Note 1: The Nisshinkyo Business Japanese Language Program guides foreign students to overcome the language and cultural barriers of Japan, to acquire enough communication skills to accomplish business tasks and to become capable workers in Japan and abroad. The NBJ Business Japanese Program at KAI Japanese Language School has been certified to meet the educational standards and criteria set forth by Nisshinkyo.
- Note 2: To complete the NBJ program, you need to attend General Japanese course home classes as well as the subjects mentioned above.
- Note 3: It is required to take BJT (Business Japanese Test) preparation classes in the April and October terms. Thus, it isn't possible to take JLPT preparation classes held in these terms.
It is required to have the Japanese level equivalent to the advanced level of KAI's General Japanese course or JLPT N2 to take the NBJ program. The enrollment will be determined based on the result of the placement test described below.
If you are not a student of KAI's General Japanese course
- If you have passed JLPT N2, you'll need to have an interview.
- If you haven't passed JLPT N2, you'll need to take a level check test and an interview.
In case your Japanese level is judged insufficient, you can gain skill in the General Japanese course until it reaches the required level.
If you are a student of KAI's General Japanese course
- The enrollment will be determined by your attendance rate and the result of a placement test.