Speech Contest 2015
Kai's Speech Contest celebrated this year its 30th edition. Every year Speech Contest are blessed with nice weather, and also this year the event has been held at Yoyogi Olympic Center in a cheerful feeling of Spring.
18 people from 9 different countries have been selected from each class. The subject assigned to them was "Kai", as usual. The custom requires them to choose a Japanese ideogram which can be read "Kai" and to put their thoughts related to this into words. This year we enjoyed 13 different concepts: mystery, regret, meeting, together, demolition, boundary, comfort, reformation, comprehension, paddle, world, see, occurrence. Participants filled the chosen "Kai" with their thinking and expressed those to the audience with excellent performances.
KAI Japanese Language School
Director Hiroko Yamamoto
Please read the speech contest booklet (PDF) as well.
- Niklas Utterbäck (Sweden / Advanced 2)
- Inmaculada Vera (Spain / Pre-Intermediate)
- 3rd Place Winner: Elin Fransson (Sweden / Intermediate 1)
- Elin Fransson (Sweden / Elementary 2)
- Lie Suzuki (Brazil / Elementary 2)
- 2nd Place Winner: Tania Quach (Canada / Intermediate 1)
- Ellen Wetterholm (Sweden / Elementary 2)
- Aleksandrs Kruza (US / Elementary 1)
- Yi Wen Huang (Taiwan / Pre-Intermediate)
- Jury's Award: Yi Wen Huang (China / Pre-Advanced)
- Jury's Award: Robin Nguyen (Sweden / Pre-Advanced)
- Jury's Award: Cherise Fong (US / Intermediate 2)
- Jury's Award: Brian Takano (US / Intermediate 2)
- Khai Shen Ong (Malaysia / Pre-Intermediate)
- Beginner's Award: Sara Carlstedt (Sweden / Elementary 1)
- 1st Place Winner: Oscar Trygg (Sweden / Advanced 1)
- Vickram Kumaar (India / Elementary 2)
- Dennis Wu (Taiwan / Elementary 1)